Fine Tuning...

May 27, 2015
Edmond, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good evening pool lovers! I have a question about fine tuning and what if anything am I missing out on...

My numbers have been pretty consistent each evening (pre-evening treatment):

ph 7.5
fc 4-5
cc .5
CH-275-300
ta 90-100
cya 42

my question is about ph and ta... I have my aerator on when my pump is on...and I can't seem to get the ph up past 7.5 and my ta also seem to come it at 90-100...

My water is bright crystal clear, so I am blessed right now about that, but am I missing out on some efficiencies with my ph and ta being a little off? Just curious how hard I need to work on those...

I truly don't know the effects of each, so I am admitting my ignorance...

Thanks! I am new to all this so wasn't sure what implications ph was from 7.5 to my target 7.8... Or 90-100 from my target 80 ta... I wasn't sure if one had an impact on eye irritation, dryer skin, etc.

all is good, thanks for the reassurance guys!

After some point you'll have your pool down to a science. You'll know what the free chlorine and ph readings are going to be before you even do the test! I keep a journal of my results, including any weather events, bather load, or anything out of the ordinary. When I first received my test kit, it took a whole page of notebook paper for me to decipher the results. Now a month goes on two sheets, front and back.

You're welcome! Of course there are always exceptions depending on the situation (i.e one chemical balance waaaaay off), but personally I tend to focus on making sure PH is always in my window first, and can let the TA float a little but more around it's window as needed as long as they are working well together. This topic can get really deep, but here's a good discussion on that topic: what does High/Low Ph do to your skin?

So some folks who just had new plaster done, or have lots of aeration or swimming activity might have other specific challenges, but generally speaking, if our PH stays close to our recommended level window, our skin and eyes should be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.