How are my numbers

Jul 6, 2013
Waxahachie, Tx.
Hi everyone finally got good weather here in N. Texas and able to get stable testing w/o all the rain and drain.
Just wanted to run some numbers by everyone since it says in pool school for a fiberglass pool to keep the CH between 220-320.Should I raise my CH from the 160 up to least 220?
Or should I aim more for mid scale say 270?
FC 5.5, CC 0
PH 7.6
CYA 75
Wtr temp 90F
TA 90
CH 160
Salt -3100

Thanks for any replies I get. Just wanted to let everyone know that my first year of pool ownership has been a pleasant experience, thanks to all the wonderful help here on TFP.

Test your tap water. When things start getting really hot and you start losing water to evaporation, your CH will climb all by itself. Water evaporates, CH stays behind.

Unless the pool is brand new and under warranty and you have to keep CH up to protect the gelcoat, I'd just wait for it to happen naturally.

As Richard mentioned above, CH should begin to climb naturally via evaporation. But if you are concerned about meeting the requirements outlined in the Viking owners manual to protect your coating, and your pool is fairly new, you certainly can bump it up a bit. If you do, I would recommend going to the lowest amount noted in the owners manual by using the Poolmath calculator to determine the amount required to reach that level. Over time, that number may continue to climb, and if it gets too high you don't have many options to lower it again. :) Have a great summer!

Thanks for all the input. I learned something new in this discussion. I did not know that ch raises naturally due to evaporation. This is why i like this forum. Everyone is eager to help and provides a lot of useful info. I will do 2 things. First test my fill water ch level. Then make a decision based on that test.
Thanls again for everything.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.