lots of rain....gotta love free water...but...

Aug 30, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Even though I drained water out yesterday to below the middle screw on the skimmer, this morning, the water level was back above the skimmer. Of course, I'll drain more off today, but what can this cause damage to my pump if it runs and the water level is covering the skimmer? I have it set to run about 4-5 hours during the night. I'm not sure where the water level was last night when the pump came on. What do you do when it's just pouring down rain all the time, for several days in a row? Should I just turn my pump off until the rain is over or drain some more water now and then more this evening, if needed before bed. I would hate to let it drain overnight without me watching it...If the rain stopped and I kept draining, it could drain out way too much.

TIA

Yes, you have it correct. Too much water isn't a significant problem. Too little water will eventually cause the pump to run dry, which will cause it to overheat, which will damage the pump if it goes on for more than a few minutes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.