TF-100 test kit results

jtburf

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Ok all if I need to post this in a different section please let me know.

My TF-100 came in, and here are my findings.

Pool = 5500 gallons vinyl AGP, using liquid bleach 12.5%

FC=12
CC=2
TC=14?

Calcium 325

TA=220

CYA=52

PH showed 8.5 or slightly higher on little blue test kit included with TF-100

So should I concern myself with the PH rt now?

I have 2 gallons of Acid should I use it to lower PH?

What about such a high TA?

Thanks all,
John

Glad you have your kit. PH test will read incorrectly when your FC is over 10.

I would let your FC drop below 10 and test PH again and go from there.

How did you get 52 for CYA? If it is closer to 50 than 60 then we will call it 50.

You will need to SLAM your pool due to your CC of 2. How does your water look?

Please post back with the PH after FC is below 10. Don't worry about anything else yet.

Well, John, your TA might not be that high. It's a known problem that fresh R-009 develops a static charge and the drops come out too small so there are more of them and you get falsely high readings. Straight outta Extended Test Kit Directions

• Sometimes a static electric charge can build up on the R-0009 dropper bottle tip, causing the drops to be smaller than usual and making the test read higher than actual. You can prevent this by wipping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after each drop.
  • Hold the dropper bottles vertically and squeeze gently, so that drops come out slowly and seem to hang on the tip of the dropper bottle for a moment before falling.

So redo the TA test before you start poolmath to crunching numbers to adjust pH. And when you do it, target something like 7.5 pH so you don't overshoot just in case your pool isn't quite as big as you think. EDIT: missed the high FC. Don't trust the pH reading right now either.

Just plug your current TA in as your target right now. It will come down all by itself as you adjust pH.

Glad you have your kit. PH test will read incorrectly when your FC is over 10.

I would let your FC drop below 10 and test PH again and go from there.

How did you get 52 for CYA? If it is closer to 50 than 60 then we will call it 50.

You will need to SLAM your pool due to your CC of 2. How does your water look?

Please post back with the PH after FC is below 10. Don't worry about anything else yet.

If I looked at the lines it appeared 2 below the 50 mark.

Since it is closer lets call it 50 then.

Thanks,
John

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks,

I did wipe the tip between every drop, I will see how it looks again in a day, water is crystal clear, feels great except temp (working on water feature now) and will keep touching base.

Thanks all.

John

- - - Updated - - -

Well, John, your TA might not be that high. It's a known problem that fresh R-009 develops a static charge and the drops come out too small so there are more of them and you get falsely high readings. Straight outta Extended Test Kit Directions

• Sometimes a static electric charge can build up on the R-0009 dropper bottle tip, causing the drops to be smaller than usual and making the test read higher than actual. You can prevent this by wipping the tip of the dropper bottle with a damp cloth or tissue before you start and after each drop.
  • Hold the dropper bottles vertically and squeeze gently, so that drops come out slowly and seem to hang on the tip of the dropper bottle for a moment before falling.

So redo the TA test before you start poolmath to crunching numbers to adjust pH. And when you do it, target something like 7.5 pH so you don't overshoot just in case your pool isn't quite as big as you think. EDIT: missed the high FC. Don't trust the pH reading right now either.

Just plug your current TA in as your target right now. It will come down all by itself as you adjust pH.

Thanks,

I did wipe the tip between every drop, I will see how it looks again in a day, water is crystal clear, feels great except temp (working on water feature now) and will keep touching base.

Thanks all.

John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.