Winter cover

reindeerboy

LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2008
Jamestown, ND
I was questioning if anyone has used the Winter cover mate.

http://www.saveonpoolsupplies.com/Pool- ... over-Mate/

The reason I ask is that I have a mesh cover and am trying to find something that would help contain the fine dirt and few leaves that get underneath the mesh Meyco cover that I have.

My questions is that we live in ND and the water would freeze. Would that hurt this mesh cover mate or the liner in the pool? I would think not as any water that gets on top of the cover mate would just freeze into one hard brick and then thaw out in the spring?

Is it even worth the money? Maybe is in areas that dont freeze like it does up here?

I am just trying to find ways to stop any small debris from getting in the pool and causing the small amounts of algae that I get in the spring and then it takes about 10 days or so to clean up the pool water. I would like to find a way to solve this problem and thought this mate just might be the ticket? What do you all think?

Thanks for any responses.

Happy turkey day!

For the price you could buy two solar covers and actually get some use out of them during the season.

I don't buy the debris thing. You'll still get whatever garbage falls through into the water either by rain washing it in or when you try to take the thing off in the spring. The big difference it makes is in keeping the pool shaded.

I was initially against keeping a solar blanket on through the winter under a mesh cover because I figured it would increase the likelihood of algae by keeping the water warmer, but in practice it works very well. The water looks great in the spring and the solar cover is already basically clean and ready to use.

I'm not sure how the severe freeze will affect it, but we get plenty of surface ice here and I've yet to see one fall apart from it.

how did this work out for you Chad? Did you go with that product?

BTW, did you have any issues with flooding/floodwater in your pool? I'm north of Grand Forks and we still have overland flood water up here too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.