New to TFP and Ready to Get Started

Jun 11, 2015
North Hollywood, CA
Hi Guys/Gals,

I've been lurking around here for about a month counting down the days until that one would come where we would have to let our pool guy go and now I can say that the day has finally come. I've read quite a bit about the TFPM and really love how well this site has been put together. The method illustrates a direct, no-nonsense and even frugal approach to maintaining a sparkling pool year round.

So I've acquired some of the basic laundry aisle chemicals and cleaning tools to start tackling the job myself. I have taken a baseline test and have a solid direction on where I need to go thanks to this site. I'm now looking forward to tapping into the knowledge of the forums to maintain my pool so I can enjoy it all year. Having just moved from the beach to this house far from it, we are all excited that we get to swim in our backyard now!

*To those sympathetic to the pool guy; when asked about the TA and CH I got a look like I just started speaking swahili to him ;)

Welcome! :wave: Seeing that you have one of the recommended kits, you're a step ahead of the game. Post those numbers and we'll do a sanity check together to see how it looks. Links below, especially the Chlorine/CYA chart, are paramount to maintaining crystal clear water. Let us know if you have any questions.

- - - Updated - - -

And there you go! :) NUMBERS!

- - - Updated - - -

Get your FC up to 6 right away, and you should never let it drop below 4 based on the CYA chart (yours rounded up to 50). Watch your PH since you're right at the top of your bracket (7.5 - 7.8). Add liquid bleach is your first priority. You can use the Poolmath Calculator (link below) to figure out exactly how much bleach to add. If you get confused, just ask.

Thanks everybody. Chlorine and muriatic acid have both been added. I'll check in the AM to see if we are back in range.

Obligatory pool photo
Cs3RoJx.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.