Brain Fog & FC Expectations with Poolmath

wrems

May 7, 2015
River Falls, WI
I’m trying to reign in my Poolmath calculations by adjusting gallons used and doing a kind of trial and error approach. I’ve been capturing FC expectations over the past few days and doing retests about 45 minutes after any additions of bleach, while the pump is running. I’ve been using the 25 mL sample for a little better accuracy. I know I’ll burn through a bunch of reagents but that’s ok. I have an XL option and no pool to slam. Thank you TFPC! My hopes are that I can dial in a bit better pool size and so my chemical additions are pretty close. Right now it seems I’ve been overshooting my FC expectations sometimes by 1.5ppm. I just want to get a little closer.

If I put in bleach and overshoot my FC ppm expectation should I increase or decrease my gallons?

I’m having an internal struggle with which way to adjust…

Thanks and sorry for a stupid question, but it’s tormenting me...

If you're overshooting the target, you are assuming your pool volume is TOO HIGH. It's actually lower volume.

You can trial and error this by inputing your FC before adding in the Now column, the actual FC you got after testing later in the Target column. Wiggle the Pool Volume ("Size") cell downward until the volume of bleach in the calculator column matches what you actually put in for bleach volume.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.