Fiber glass issues on spa

Jun 30, 2008
Suffolk County, NY
Hey guys...

I have a spill over spa made out of fiberglass. It is completely paved around it with bullnose at the top, but the very top does show before the pavers lay against it. Its about 4 inches of fiber glass.

Anyway, I was given this spa by someone that is redoing their yard and although it is in excellent condition, there are the tinyiest hair line cracks (really more like scratches) in the fiber glass. I think pool steps sometimes get the same things.
I dont think these scratches / cracks are in danger of causing problems, but I want to know if there is a way to fix them up so it looks brand new, or at the very least treat the fiber glass so they don't spread and new ones aren't created.

Thanks a million in advance.

Is the crack in fiberglass or is there an acrylic shell on top? If the cracking is in the acrylic, you can drill a VERY small hole on either end of it to stop it from spreading. I'm talking like 1/16" deep.

The only reason to 'patch' it would be if it was losing water, and usually that's not an issue. The patches tend to look worse than the cracking itself so as long as you can stop it from getting worse, I'd let it be.

Is it getting any worse?

Thanks.

It definitely wouldnt lose water because of it. These arent inside the hottub. Just on the very top lip. Very superficial.

I don't know if it is getting worse or not. Ive only had it for about a month of this summer and now its all covered up.
I have to assume ther is some type of acrylic shell on there. It is the typical white shell on spas...

It isnt terrible at all. I just wanted to know if there is anything I could do to make it look new again. thanks again for your help!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.