It started with a small plastic kiddie pool

Happy Dad

Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2015
Eastern Nebraska
Then a 10' easy set, then a 12' easy set and this year a 15' Intex Metal Frame pool.

I figure it's time to start looking at water quality more seriously with the larger volume of water I am keeping now. And I'm sure we will trade up in the future also. I'm glad to find this site as there is a wealth of information and a lot of friendly helpful people here!

Our 15' was set up on Memorial Weekend. I have been running the small stock Intex cartridge filter 24/7, using 1" chlorine tabs in a floating dispenser and using the shock once a week. I currently have a simple test kit that reads only chlorine and pH. I'm reading here now that I should be switching to a bleach routine. Learning is fun!

Yesterday I ordered a Taylor K-2006 FAS-DPD test kit and a 14" Intex sand filter. They both should be here Saturday or Monday.

I just want to give a shout out to say THANK YOU to all who have posted the information that I have already read and to those who have posted the information I have yet to read.

Can't wait to see it!! Here comes the gratuitous request...

If you think TFP has helped you, please consider donating by using the Support TFP button above. It's tax deductible and helps keep the lights on! Plus there are some cool perks too!

Can't wait to see it!! Here comes the gratuitous request...

If you think TFP has helped you, please consider donating by using the Support TFP button above. It's tax deductible and helps keep the lights on! Plus there are some cool perks too!

Just did, I don't want the lights going out anytime soon. :)
Burning some PTO next week so I better go get that build thread fired up.