Florida pool build oh boy!

So they still haven't started tile. It's extremely frustrating when nothing gets done and there is no reason for it. Tile was scheduled over 2 weeks ago and hasn't happened. I guess things do come up. The first part of the build went so well I expected it to continue. I guess it was the wrong expectation.
They did deliver the tile today which is a step in the right direction. Only issue is it doesn't look like enough.

Your tile is wonderful! I understand your frustration about the pace of the pool build. I've felt that so often. Every time there's a flurry of work, I keep thinking it will continue. Then it stops. And time drags. And drags. And drags.

But then it picks up again, and all feels right with the world. It just seems to be the nature of things.

My experience with our glass tile, was that there was very, very little waste by the tile guys. It amazed me. So...... I had tons left over, and am still working to get them to come out to install it. So maybe whoever ordered it for you understands that better than I did (I would hope they do!). Did you have to wait for it to be ordered and shipped, or can they get more from a local tile store?

Suz.

It was shipped. I have 5 boxes with 11 sq feet in each. The pool is about 100 linear feet which would only leave 5 sq feet for the spa and that alone will take 50 sq feet.

As far as the delay, I understand things happen but it's frustrating when they string you along. Oh well, luckily we are getting a little rain so my grass doesn't die while waiting for the sprinklers to get hooked back up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Where do you plan to use the tile in the spa? That would be using about the same amount as you're using for the pool waterline. Are you tiling the waterline, benches, walls, etc? Have you talked to your builder and asked how they came up with the order amount? Maybe they only delivered (for some reason) half of the order today? I wouldn't want to wait for another shipment, unless it can be shipped rather quickly.

Good luck! Suz.

The spa has an external radius of 28'. Internal is about 26'. The tile is going down the outside 1' all the way around so that is 28'. Inside it is 6" which is another 13' and the top will use about 16'. That's 57sq feet. The builder has not returned my call yet. I know he is crazy busy and he hasn't let me down yet so I'm sure all will work out.

Great design! The island spa is very unique.

My advice on picking a color for your deck is don't try to match what is there. The house is beige and if you pick something in the beige family and it is slightly off from the house, it will clash. I would look at colors in the blue or gray family which will pick up on the color of your tiles. Pick out something very light in your chosen color palette as your base color. Your PB should have color samples. Typically, the base color is mixed into the concrete before it is poured. The second color used for the release powder is darker and is added after the concrete is stamped. It adds contrast to the relief of the pattern.

We did stamped concrete and tried to match the tan flagstone we choose for coping. My wife likes the finished product but I think it is a little off. I don't hate it but if I could do it again, I would follow my advice to you. Whatever color you choose, understand that it will be hotter to the touch than pretty much all other deck choices. It is not a big deal but you will need flip flops on the pool deck when the sun is directly overhead.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.