Valve Question

Sep 26, 2008
My current setup has 3 3way valves, operating my suction cleaner, main drain, and skimmer. They are old, hard to turn, and I am pretty sure leaking air into my system. I want to replace them, but I am having a hard time convincing myself that they are even needed. Someone please tell me why to use these expensive complex valves, instead of 3 individual inline ball valves? They would seem to give me better control of what water flows where, and are WAY cheaper. So can someone tell me why I shouldn't use plain old ball valves?

Without seeing your setup, I'll hazard a guess. One reason might be to ensure that you can't accidentally close the wrong combination of valves leading to a dry pump or a pump going against a closed line.

Many pool valves are rebuildable, and some need to be lubricated periodically for easy operation and sealing. If you post a picture and/or a diagram of your system, I'm sure somebody can advise you.

John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.