Liner/Pool Store Trouble

Mar 31, 2013
TN
I was out of town from last Friday till Tuesday. My neighbor called who was at the house swimming and said the liner had pulled away at my steps and under diving board. She sent pictures and it appeared the steps had about 4' that pulled off the top of the step and just a small amount under diving board. This is a concrete pool and the liner fits to the steps also. Being out of town I called a buddy to go look at it and he vacuumed most of the water out from behind the liner and got most of the liner back in but suggested that I call the pool installers and let them come and fix the liner around the steps. So I did. They came over Tuesday and left a bill along with a liner that now has air/water pockets on the steps and the liner you can literally grab and pull off the steps under the water. Not to mention the wrinkles in the corner of the steps.

Called the pool store guy and ask him what was up and he told me that it is probably just water seeping up from the ground through the concrete from all the rain we have had. We haven't had just a ton of rain either. I told him it had never done this before and he said we have had an unusual year. He said as it heats up the liner should go right back into place.

Anybody have any experience with a situation like this. Just looking for advice before I cloud up and rain on the pool store. I do not like being told a load of ****. Just trying to make sure they are full of it before I go down there.

My liner floated badly over the winter in conjunction with a leak. As i filled it back up i brushed the liner back in place and all was fine.

Patrick - i bet the guy meant the temp heating up and perhaps drying out the ground versus heating the liner??

My water temp is 88 and that is about as hot as it has been since installation. I cannot tell the liner is doing anything, it appears it is in the same state as it was after they so called fixed it.

Anybody else have any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.