What's your Thanksgiving menu?

This year, we are trying something different. What will be different is that I won't be the one doing the cooking! :-D I plan on letting someone else shoulder that load for a change. Instead, I'll watch me some Dallas Cowboys and come running when the dinner bell rings!

I'll be frying up the turkey again - my 4th year doing it. I don't think I'll ever go back to an oven roasted bird. I would like to try a smoked turkey sometime :goodjob:

One of last year's turkey's:

DSC01695.jpg

DSC01697.jpg

the finished product:

DSC01706.jpg
Code:

The Mermaid Queen said:
So, Sean, how was the bird?

We had the usual suspects, and WAY too much, as usual. I did a fresh bird instead of frozen this year, and it was delish!

We had Thanksgiving with the in-laws yesterday and we are going to my parents today so we have not had the turkey yet that I made. In fact, I just pulled it out - looks great. I did not get the brine it though. The one my wife bought was pre-basted, or whatever they call it, which means I'd have been wasting my time brining. I did smoke it with hickory and apple wood though so that should give it a nice flavor. I'll report back later.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

257WbyMag said:
I plan on letting someone else shoulder that load for a change. Instead, I'll watch me some Dallas Cowboys and come running when the dinner bell rings!
Lucky dog! 8)

Tagprod, that's a good lookin' turkey!

SeanB said:
We had Thanksgiving with the in-laws yesterday and we are going to my parents today so we have not had the turkey yet that I made.
um, I predict a 5 pound/ 4 day weight gain :mrgreen:

The Mermaid Queen said:
We had the usual suspects, and WAY too much, as usual.
Same here! :wink:

Sorry been busy.... :oops:

I played host to 26 on Thursday. My aunt brought a corn casserole that had jalepeno (sp?) in it, very out of the box, but yummy. My cousin brought a savory sweet potato dish, instead of the usual marsmellow syrupy kind, this was much different. I don't recall what all was in it but it had garlic and green pepper I think and goat cheese on top. My daughter was not happy and kept asking for the marshmellows. It was very good. Definetly out of the box.

I came down with a cold on Wednesday so it was all I could do to manage the event without contaminating everyone and everything, I'm just exhausted. Still haven't recovered, think it's a sinus infection now. Sunday I get to host about 30 for my daughter's 11th birthday, and then the week after that we host 50 or so for the neighborhood Christmas party. And then on Christmas we host hubby's family, at least 35 on that day. Frankly I don't have the energy for out of the box.

I'm plum worn out. House is all decorated, we finished the trees last night. It was all I could do to drag my self out of bed to get DOD off to school. I had almost 100 emails to read thru and haven't even looked at the computer since last Wednesday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.