Film foam

Jun 9, 2013
Beacon, NY
Hi all, I am not sure where I should post this or if I should start a new thread, sorry still getting the hang of this. I opened my pool 3 weeks ago to a green mess ( I use a mesh cover) I cleaned it added bleach and some algicide not the foaming one I learned after rubber ducky looked like he was taking a bubble bath. It cleared up in about a day but it was cloudy so I put in a new filter and i have been patiently testing and slamming and my water is no longer cloudy but it has this foam film kind of stuff still floating on the water, I put a sock on the skimmer basket and this fuzzy stuff that reminds me of pollen collects on it so I keep changing it I forgot to mention I vacuum and brushed everyday for 2 weeks I am now brushing daily and skimming and slamming because I don't know what that stuff is can you help? Here's a picture
0867514e9f22f0dbf922925c45e04e1a.jpg

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

:testresults:

Golddlocs said:
...I cleaned it added bleach and some algicide ...
Assuming nothing else was added to the pool aside from these two chemicals, the foaming could either be caused by the algaecide or bleach that has either a fragrance or a thickener added. You only want to use plain, unscented liquid bleach without any thickeners. Going forward, there is no need for using an algaecide in this circumstance. Chlorine, and chlorine alone, is all you need to keep you pool sanitized and sparkling.

Checked bleach bottles plain clorox double checked algicide and it's not the bubbles you get from detergent it's almost like oil on top of water and when I look in the skimmer you can see a film on top of the water, not a lot it's weird it's almost like a froth you get on a latte, and yes I know moving forward I don't have to use algicide. I was considering adding borates after the water is clear.

Are patio furniture, windowsills and parked cars covered with pollen? Then so's your pool. Dry pollen might blow away. Once it hits your pool, it sticks.

If not pollen, then it's likely a reaction between various pool chemicals. Algaecides, phosfree and Calhypo have all been reported as villains. Be grateful it isn't this bad

That picture looks like move you just have a lot more so is that pollen? Because when I remove the skimmer sock it has some fuzzy stuff on it so maybe it's pollen? Any suggestions on how to get rid of it or just don't worry about it,? Should I stop slamming it?

That picture looks like move you just have a lot more so is that pollen? Because when I remove the skimmer sock it has some fuzzy stuff on it so maybe it's pollen? Any suggestions on how to get rid of it or just don't worry about it,? Should I stop slamming it?

AGain, look around the pool and see if other things are covered with pollen.

And no, that isn't pollen in that pool. That's chemical soup. Click on the image and it will take you to the thread.

No pollen maybe it's left over stuff from last year? I used the mesh cover and all the snow melted and I didn't need to top it off do you think it could be the chemical I used to close the pool? Is That an algicide?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.