Splashless Clorox

Jun 10, 2015
Piscataway nj
I made the mistake of adding the splash-less clorox to my 22000 gal in ground pool. Its been 3 days and i still see foam on the surface. Should I shock with the regular clorox, or wait till the foam is gone? How long does it usually take for the foam to disappear? Ive never used the splash-less before, and didn't realize it wasn't the regular stuff. I dumped about 8 gallons in the pool. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Don't buy "Splash-less" Chlorox

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Sorry to hear about this mistake. Just scoop off the foam from the surface. That's the fastest way to remove it and the rest will eventually dissipate. SLAMing won't help very much since chlorine doesn't react much with soap. Your pool will probably be mostly cleared up in a few more days, especially if you remove surface foam.

Thanks for the reply, the foam isnt thick enough to scoop. When I tried to scoop, it just seems to flow through the net back into the water. I was thinking of maybe filling the pool till it over flows and get rid of it that way. Thoughts on that please?

It's an idea that might work, but the oil-absorbant pads would likely work as well. Depends on whether you can afford to waste the water to overflow since it's probably a lot of water unless you have a rather small pool. It will dissipate so by the time you do all of this it may be nearly gone. Again, up to you since it isn't causing any harm.

Thanks for all the feedback You guys rock!!!. I like the snow shovel idea. (adaptive engineering), Ill check Walmart to see if they carry that product (Spa foam down) Ill also look for the oil absorbent pads as well. I noticed the foam has subsided quite a bit after I turn off the pump. Ill wait until tomorrow, and see what it looks like, and then Clean out the filters. Lesson learned about reading the labels of the bleach I buy. The labeling looks the same as the regular bleach.

It's an idea that might work, but the oil-absorbant pads would likely work as well. Depends on whether you can afford to waste the water to overflow since it's probably a lot of water unless you have a rather small pool. It will dissipate so by the time you do all of this it may be nearly gone. Again, up to you since it isn't causing any harm.

I know this is digging up an old thread, but I just made this mistake as I see from even older threads that this OP and I have not been the only ones. Should have known when I checked halfway through and couldn't find the 8.25% label listed anywhere. Anyway, I know it does not seem to be a problem to the pool itself, and this may qualify as a not-so-bright question, but is it safe to swim?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.