Intex Pool Liner is different

I thought I saw someone post something here but I cant find it. We recently purchased a replacement liner for our Intex Pool Ultra Frame 18x52 pool. This pool came with two intake valves, our old one only had one. We have the original pump from the first liner. How do I tie the new two intake hoses to our existing pump - I obviously have to buy another hose and adapters, but I can't find anything on line on how to tie them in.. I'm willing to upgrade my pump but will it come with all of the connections I need?

So frustrating staring at a 1/2 filled pool.

Apparently they come together with a tee like this (not my pool):

1a41ee2f31a6f50bfbe0670399e5a0c2.jpg

Apparently they come together with a tee like this (not my pool):

1a41ee2f31a6f50bfbe0670399e5a0c2.jpg
Wow, that's a little less than graceful remedy.

Do your self a favor and install two standard 1-1/2 suction ports and hard plumb the two suction ports, or put a skimmer in place of one of the ports if it is high enough.

Here's my skimmer install on my Ultra Frame 18' x 48". I recommend the skimmer, but it's the same plumbing concept with two ports.

0CD99202-6DC6-4806-9460-F55109C38E4D_zps1skrd0ia.jpg

The Intex adapter at the end of the PVC is a Game 40MM Short Adapter.

There is a link in my signature to the skimmer install if you are interested.

Dom

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.