Conflicting test results between K-2006 & TF-100

Nasantos

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2015
Crown Point, IN
I couldn't make up my mind when I was trying to decide which test kit to purchase so I bought both the K-2006 & TF-100 and the stirrer and measurer doohickeys. I received them in the mail today and tonight I grabbed a water sample with a clean Tupperware bowl and sat at my kitchen table to try them both out. First I tested with the K-2006 and got the following:
FC 9.4
CC 1.2
PH 7.2
TA 160
CH 300
CYA 38

Then I used the TF-100 and got the following:
FC 10
CC 0.5
PH 7.2
TA 210
CH 375
CYA 25

After performing the TF-100 test and seeing the difference in results I performed all the TF-100 tests again and got the exact same results. Then I thought that either I performed the first set of tests with the K-2006 incorrectly or my sample water was compromised. So I performed the K-2006 tests again and got the same results as the first set of tests. Seems odd? Both test kits came today from tftestkits.com

Anyone have any similar issues or ideas of what's going on or which set of results I should go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was silly since they are the exact same tests and reagents.

The high TF-100 TA is likely due to the fresh reagent and static in the bottle.

The rest seem basically the same within error bounds.

What can I say, I'm a silly kinda guy..

Just seems odd that they were off the exact same amount both times I tested with each kit. The one that worries me is the CC. My understanding is anything above .5 means a issue. Do u think a issue could be a 2 year old pooped in the pool a hour before the test and we have 7 people in the pool today?

I know the tf-100 warned of a static issue with the ta regent for the first few tests or week so I can accept that as a reason why that test is different but I feel like the cc is farther apart them margin of error. .5 = ok and 1.2 = serious problem. The cya I can accept being marginal and I guess the ch also but not as much, the ch is several drops different. Anyone else have issues? Could the talor kit be old stock? Which set of numbers should I go with?

I have absolutely nothing better to do so I tested my water again today with both kits. Not really, but I did it anyways cause my ocd gets the better of me a lot!

Anyways I'm thinking the chlorine difference between the two kits is the heaping scoop vs 2 scoop fulls. Cause I did 2 scoop fulls with the tf100 and got exact same result as w k2006.
CYA went up but it was exactly the same w both kits, a 55.
TA went up some but was also the same with both at 180.
Ph was still 7.2 w both
Ch was a little different still, 300 & 350

You can not use too much powder, but too little can skew the results.

Looks like things match well to me ... the CH can depend on how well you ware swirling the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.