Help-new to TFP and deep end kind of hazy but shallow clear

ptintenn

Bronze Supporter
Jun 8, 2015
Bartlett, TN
We recently drained and refilled the pool and I am following the TFP methods. Just added chemicals 2 days ago. My shallow end is super clear but deep end is a little hazy. Here are my readings from my Taylor 2006 test kit today. Any suggestions?

FC 6
CC .25
pH 7.6
Alk 90
Ch 50
Yesterday the CYA was 25. I still have a sock in the skimmer.

Thanks in advance!!

Your numbers look fine, but I do have a few Q's...

1. What is your target CYA level?
  2. Did you fill your pool with city (municipal) water or well water?
  3. Did you use plain unscented liquid bleach for chlorine?

Suggest adding information about your pool and related equipment in your signature. By doing this, it will automatically appear in all your posts so you do not have to re-enter it each time. If you have a SWG, please include those letters in your signature so it stands out as the advice for SWG vs. non-SWG is often different. [/list]
Here's how to do this: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post location to your profile and pool info to your signature.[/url]

Hi. I set up my signature yesterday so I am not sure why it didn't show. I filled my pool with city municipal water (memphis,tn water- some of the best drinking water around). My target CYA is 40 and I used walmart brand I scented bleach 8.6.

- - - Updated - - -

Signature still didn't show up. I will investigate why. I have a IG 22000 guinite pool with Hayward filter. Using Taylor k 2006 testing kit. Located in bartlett, tn. Thanks! Whitney

Last edited:
I used walmart brand I scented bleach 8.6.
Curious if this is a typo or did you actually use scented bleach? If you use scented bleach, this could be causing some cloudiness. OTOH, if this is a typo, then the water may just need some filtering. Even municipal water can contain some harmless particles including CH. I would give the filter a day or so to do its job.

OK, thanks for clarifying. Keep maintaining a target FC of 5 ppm according to your target CYA of 40 and you should be fine. I would let the filter run 24/7 until it clears up. If, for whatever reason, the water does not clear up in a few days, post back and we'll take it from there as that would be an indication that something else is going on. Keep using the unscented bleach for chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.