Intex SWG Leaks When Off

rob.mwpropane

In The Industry
Jun 9, 2015
Baldwin, Maryland
Ok, had my unit for about a year now, have never opened it up. It blows bubbles when the pump is on, no SWG running. Then you can see when the SWG comes on, even more (I'm assuming chlorine). When I turn everything off, it leaks under the ozonator section, so if your facing the unit, it's the front right corner (if you look under it there are "slits", it leaks from one of these.). I've searched for this, but can't find any duplicates of my problem. Does anyone else have this issue? I really want to take it apart, as it does work, it just has a slow drip, drip, drip, when it turns off. I thought any leaks on the return side would blow water out when there is pressure from the pump, but this stops cold...any suggestions?

If anyone can point me to a thread to disassemble the unit (at least show me what I'm in for) I'd greatly appreciate it. BTW, love this site, and you all rock.

So, I have fixed the leak. Now it seems that the unit hasn't been able to maintain FC in the pool. I cleaned the element, and noticed one of the fins is discolored. That fin produces less chlorine than compared to the others. Is this common? I need to let it run through tomorrow to see if the cleaning made a difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.