A question about CYA Ive always wondered the answer to

Feb 8, 2008
Milford, CT
So if I fill a sock with CYA and drop it into my skimmer (or in front of my return) with the pump running, once there is nothing left in the sock, how long do you need to wait to backwash?

My scenario: opening the pool right now, SLAM level of chlorine but the pool is almost done being SLAMmed, so I figured Id bring the CYA up to where it should be (I leave it low while SLAMming since its an SWG pool and dont want to have to use that much more chlorine)

Since there is still some "stuff" being filtered out, Im pretty sure Ill have to backwash my filter in the next day or two. Would that get rid of the CYA dissolved in the sock? Or would I just lose roughly the same amount of CYA as I would because of the water loss?

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

You would lose less if you hung it in the pool vs in the skimmer. But either way likely not lose much. The week thing is more if a concern if you just poured the CYA into the skimmer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.