Any other R/O companies in the San Diego area?

Jun 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
Post split from http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/21658-Pool-Services-Technologies-Inc Zea3
Hi folks. This is my first post. I had PST purify my pool last year with excellent results. I did so before starting to maintain my pool and letting the pool guy go. PST noticed a very high CYA prior to filtering and returned the measurement back to an ideal 35-40. Unfortunately, the pool guy I let go dumped a bunch of conditioner he had already sold me into the pool before he discontinued service. My bad, I should have let him go first. Well, the reading has been off the chart for a year. I fought algae last summer and also through the cool months, but now nothing phases it (FC up to 40). So, I'd like to have PST back, but they seem extremely busy. Should I drain, or should I look for another company? I couldn't find anyone else in San Diego. BTW, you might have heard about the drought :)

Re: Pool Services Technologies, Inc

Hi folks. This is my first post. I had PST purify my pool last year with excellent results. I did so before starting to maintain my pool and letting the pool guy go. PST noticed a very high CYA prior to filtering and returned the measurement back to an ideal 35-40. Unfortunately, the pool guy I let go dumped a bunch of conditioner he had already sold me into the pool before he discontinued service. My bad, I should have let him go first. Well, the reading has been off the chart for a year. I fought algae last summer and also through the cool months, but now nothing phases it (FC up to 40). So, I'd like to have PST back, but they seem extremely busy. Should I drain, or should I look for another company? I couldn't find anyone else in San Diego. BTW, you might have heard about the drought :)
I think you're stuck. They won't do R/O on an algae-clogged pool. It would overwhelm the membrane/filters.

I'd call your water company's customer service line. They might have a program to waive the limits or the tiered rates for a pool fillup. At least they'd know in advance and maybe not install a flow restrictor since it would be a one-time thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.