Aqua trol aq-trol-rj

Jun 10, 2015
canada
Hello

I have an issue with my SWG. I noticed the TEST SALT LEVEL and INSPECT CELL leds were both solid and the generating light was off. I cleaned the cell twice and even added more salt thinking that was it. It did nothing so bought a new T-Cell and it did the same. I get readings from the display. The odd thing is when I turn it on, after about a minute I hear a click, the generating light turns off and the 2 LEDS above go solid. After I went out an bought a new T-cell and the same thing happned, I unplugged the cell to work on it in my garage and the same thing happened - after a minute the Gen light switches off and the 2 LEDS go solid (tcell not plugged in). I am thinking this may be a board issue. Can anyone guide me?

Regards and thanks in advance.

M

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Did you independently test the salt level? You should do that before you add any more salt.
For all you know, the salt level is way too low (or too high) right now.

Well with no cell plugged in, why would you expect it to stay on? That is where it gets the salt estimate from.

I was troubling shooting the fact that both LEDs,TEST SALT LEVEL and INSPECT CELL were solid when plugged in to perhaps isolate the matter. Sure, I expect it to act differently but it is not staying on when plugged in in the first place. Logically i thought it would perform differently, not sensing flow etc.
When I brought it into the garage, to further test, it did the exact same thing as if it was plugged in. after about a minute a heard an audible click and the TEST SALT LEVEL and INSPECT CELL went solid. I have had the system for about 3 years and never had this happen before.

When I opened the pool few weeks ago, I cleaned it up, shocked it, vacuumed etc, then calculated then amount of salt to add from the panel, added approx a bag an a half, let it circulate for about 24 hours then turned on the AQ (AUTO). I checked a few days later and this is when I noticed the LEDs were lit solid and the generating light off. I pressed the reset button, turned it on and off and everything appeared to clear and walked away. Last weekend I noticed the pool not clearing up, in fact discoloring, checked the panel, SALT LEVEL and INSPECT CELL were again solid, recleaned the t-cell and walked away. The next day the same. this is when I stayed to see and noticed it was about a minute after everything appears normal it shuts down. Today I went out and bought a new T-cell and installed and it did the same thing so I think the issue is not the t-cell.

hpe this helps and thanks

There is a chance the first cell was reading low incorrectly due to failing cell, then you added salt, still was not working due to bad cell. Then you got a new cell that is now sensing salt level too high.

Just a theory.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.