Swim Pure Plus r1.4 recalibrate ?

Jun 10, 2015
Frisco, TX
Hello all, first post here.
I have a Swim Pure Plus system with software r1.4. My question is, can this version be recalibrated ? I have read many posts, and tried as many different ways to try to do it. It is reading low salt level, 2200 ppm, and the level in the pool is 3200 ppm. I just tested it. I suspect the salt cell is bad, it is at least 5 years old, and it is clean. Anyone acquainted with this version of software ?
Naturally, the lights say check salt, check cell, and not generating. My chlorine is fine, but i have a pool guy that takes care of the chemicals, and i dont know if he added chlorine...
Further, Hayward tells me i need the t-15 cell, its the only one that will work. Do we think this is accurate ?

Thanks for any advice,
B

Last edited:
You can not recal those.
Sounds like your cell might be going bad if it is reading a salt level that low. I get a 600ppm difference between my Taylor test (higher) than my SWG reading ... but it has been like that since new. So I know that my Taylor reading 4000 while the SWG reads 3400 is fine.
You could try raising the salt level up about 800ppm and see if the SWG starts to work ... just realize if you have to get a new cell, your salt level might be too high and you will have to replace some water.

Yes only the T-15 will work with the old software.

Why would you want to use anything other than the T-15 cell. It puts out the most chlorine and is the most economical model of the cells.

t-15 is the right one. You can always turn the output control down or shorten the run time. The total amount of chlorine a cell will generate vs its initial cost is the measure of how cost effective it is. Having a cell that has the potential to put out more chlorine is never a problem, since it has an output control. Buying the smaller model cells is just a more expensive way to purchase your chlorine.

Now that you can buy a genuine Hayward T-15 with a 3 year warranty on Amazon for less than $400, I don't see why you would consider anything else. My last T-15 went for 7+ years before replacement.

$400/7years = $57 per year for chlorine cost.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.