Salt cell problem

May 15, 2014
canada
So my turbo cell is not producing even a hint of chlorine. I went online and purchased a new one for a very good price.
I purchased a t-cell 3 which is for pools under 15000 gallons. However I knew when purchasing that it may not work because I did not know what version of firmware I had on my Aquarite system.
Anyways I got it today and began trying to change the setting on my control panel as directed by the t-cell manual. But, it is not going to work; it does not have the option to switch to a different type of cell. So I assume I have the old firmware which means technically I will have to buy another t-cell 15 which runs about $800 opposed to the 400 I paid for the t-cell 3.
My question is, if I just install the t-cell 3 without being able to change the control panel will it still produce chlorine for me? Is it just the other diagnostics that won't work? If so I can live with all the diagnostic info not working as long as it chlorinated my pool.
Or, am I going to have to return this stupid thing and spend twice the money?

I read this the other day when you posted it, unfortunately I can't offer any advice as I've never ran across anyone who's tried it.

You could always try it and see what happens if you're not able to return it. However, if you have the option of returning it, I'd definitely do that.

When you go through the diagnostics on you control panel do you get a reading of r1.4 or r1.5 ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.