Use IQ20-RS to control Jandy actuator for spa bubbles?

wysocki

Bronze Supporter
Apr 19, 2015
Covina,CA
I just got an IQ20-RS and it's great being able to use my phone to operate the system. With my old RS4, I had no way of controlling the air supply for the spa jets other than running back to the pool house and removing/placing a cap on the intake pipe. I wonder if I could get a cheap Jandy valve and an actuator and somehow hook it up to the RS aux line to control the air line with my phone too? I do have the J12 (electric heater) jack free as well as aux4-7 available.

This can be done, however, the iQ20 board has only 4 actuator sockets available. You currently are using at least two right now for the pool and spa, or, suction and return actuators. Do you have solar? That would use a socket. A pool cleaner that is run off the pressure of the filter pump? That would take up one too. So you have to make sure that you have an available actuator socket before you can go any further.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.