Best way to replace plumbing for new pump?

wysocki

Bronze Supporter
Apr 19, 2015
Covina,CA
I just got a Pentair Intelliflo to replace my 3hp Hayward pump. I'm a bit confused about the best way to replumb the unit. I read in the Pentair manual that they want about 10" of straight feed coming into the pump but my Hayward has about 3" now, so I think I have to move the new unit from the old location a bit. So now I'm at the point where I have to basically replumb the intake and output lines. My question is should I mount both unions on the pump, and then run my 2" PVC lines to them --- Or should I run the lines just about to the right position, and then put the unions on and secure them to the pump? I would think that the first approach would give me a more stress free rig, but might be more difficult to accomplish.

Sorry no one has responded and yo may have already decided.

I would put the unions on first and then build the PVC to them. I did mine like that and had no problems. As you know, it has to be careful work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.