Lowering Total Alkalinity

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

This is really the only method besides replacing the water with lower TA water:
Lower Total Alkalinity

Although generally there is no need to actively do this as TA is one of the least important parameters for keeping a clean pool

I heard if it was too high it could damage the liner? Thanks for the help. This site rocks by the way. Embarrassed to admit but this pool thing took me years to get down.

I heard if it was too high it could damage the liner? Thanks for the help. This site rocks by the way. Embarrassed to admit but this pool thing took me years to get down.

If TA is high along with high CH and pH you can get some scaling, but normally the only problem with high TA is rising pH.

No. Alkalinity itself will not hurt anything. Think about it - you bathe in and drink the same water you use to fill the pool.

However, high alkalinity can push the pH up very quickly and if you also have a lot of Calcium, you could grow scale. It's like grow-your-own sandpaper on the walls and floors. If you could posts some test results, we can tell you if that should be a concern or not.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.