Making my old pool light into something awesome

Jul 12, 2012
Winter Haven, FL
Well first off, I have an old school circular light in my pool... Wish I had a picture... I'll take one tonight. Anyways. I want to liven up my pool at night. I want to ugprade it to possibly one that can change colors, and I would really like LED too. Does anyone know of any good light fixtures/brands that would run off the same power as a generic pool light? I can check the voltage and such if necessary, even though the transformer is from the 1980's and nearly impossible to read any of the specifications of it lol. I believe I'll be replacing that old thing with a new one while I am at it too.

I would really like to use this already bored out hole for a new light, but if there are other solutions that maybe stick to the wall and aren't messy I'd be cool with that too. Thanks guys.

Leland

Oh ok I see them here. Sweet, thanks. My light isn't currently turning on. I believe it to be the transformer. However, it could be the switch to turn it on/off too. I really don't know and am not much of an electrician. to replace the transformer, its about 100 dollars. So I may open up the on/off switch and pee in it to see it if works... kidding, but I may take it off and see what is going on in there. Might be easier to replace the switch instead of the transformer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.