High CYA but everything seems okay ??

Apr 22, 2008
Thailand
Hello all
Tested a mates pool this morning and these are the results.

Fc 16 CC 0 CYA 150 TA 110 PH 7.2 CH 230
adjusted PH already

Not as bad as thought after using trichlor for a long time. We live in the tropics and have just been through the wet season and still getting a lot rain. [not so much in inches we're talking feet :) ]
I suggested maybe a partial drain [tiled concrete pool, no ground water] so thats not a hassle, but water has to be trucked in and could have metals in it.

So this is my Query because we get a lot of rain i said that he could perhaps just use bleach and let the cya come down with rain and backwashing. So what are the opinons on that plan of attack .

happy swims Frank
ps The pool gets light use and gets a fair bit of shade. Never seen it before it's a beautifull pool with great landscaping, maybe he can give us a photo as i will send this link to him.
thanks again

just use bleach and let the cya come down with rain and backwashing. So what are the opinons on that plan of attack .

That's a good plan, especially because the outside water source is of questionable quality. It sounds like you could have the CYA manageable (and then be able to lower FC) within a season or so. Meanwhile, I assume he knows to keep the FC up right around where it is because of the high CYA. I would not let FC get much below 8ppm until CYA got down below 100.

Your friend should log on and learn about BBB for himself. History on these forums has shown that trying to "convince" a friend is not always successful and often ends in frustration for the "helper" (you).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.