Alternatives for stainless steel storage drawers, doors, etc.

Azmp1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 20, 2012
Maryland
I've been specking out my kitchen design and one thing I can't get over is how ridiculously expensive all the stainless steel components are... I can understand paying a premium for a quality grill/smoker/outdoor fridge (thank god I already have them), but paying hundreds and even thousands of dollars for the storage items is just crazy in my opinion.
Has anyone found or seen either a nice alternative to the stainless steel storage items, or maybe a cheaper stainless steel storage items that won't brake the bank. I'm not looking for bells and whistles, rather for simple doors that open and drawers that slide out. :)

had built in wood cabinets with doors and drawers and granite counter tops. For one thing they require no maintance unlike my Firemagic grill. Instead of a bar ledge we just used one whole granite slab which makes it easier to put the spread of food and drinks out. Easier to serve large groups.

had built in wood cabinets with doors and drawers and granite counter tops. For one thing they require no maintance unlike my Firemagic grill. Instead of a bar ledge we just used one whole granite slab which makes it easier to put the spread of food and drinks out. Easier to serve large groups.

I love the look, I bet yours gets used as much as ours does.

John

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi there, I thought I would chime in on this, as I am a welder also and have welded quite a bit of stainless steel, I would suggest looking for a near by welding shop with stainless experience along with fabrication, a good shop can fabricate what you are looking for at a decent price, I would recommend that all of the welding be done by the TIG method as this will give you the best outcome.

Steve H

So I ended up picking up a stainless steel grill off Craig's list cheap and will be using the lower portion as door storage. Should come out just as good, but for the fraction of the price. We're moving into a new house in the spring, so will be buildings then, will post pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.