Pier's in over dig

SoonerWing

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 27, 2015
Tuttle/Oklahoma
I was talking to the developer of our neighborhood yesterday about our approaching pool build and my concern with the concrete decking. My dad’s decking collapsed in one area due to settling of the backfill in the over dig and it was a pretty ugly site. The developer said that he has had good success using PVC pipes inserted vertically every 5’ around the perimeter of the pool at the edge of the over dig. He said to tape the top off and then when it comes time for them to pour the concrete for the decking just remove the tape and let the PVC fill in with concrete creating a pier in the over dig around the pool. Seems like a good idea to me but wanted to get your thoughts.

I did that on mine and it worked very well. I put a 3/8" rebar grid in my deck and turned extra rebar down into the PVC tubes to tie it all togather. I used 6" PVC water main for the piers in about 5' depth of fill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.