Will this blow my lines apart?

dzl13

Jul 29, 2014
okc
I have a leak in my suction lines. My skimmers are linked together underground somewhere and then run to a 3 way jandy linking the 2 skimmers, main drain and the pump. All the piping is underground but is not under concrete but a wood deck. All the usual suspects have been investigated and dismissed so I am in search of finding the cracked joint or elbow or whatever it is. I am against a leak detect co because where I am it runs $400 for 30 min for 1 leak and no guarantee that will be the only one. Beyond that additional searches run $300 per.

My question is If I close my Jandy and plug off one of my skimmer lines and then fill the other with a hose bladder: BrassCraft Small Drain Bladder-BC00331 - The Home Depot
attached to the spigot will that blow my lines? I'm assuming that I have 30-50 psi at the spigot. I've seen hose bladders used to clear very difficult drain clogs deep below a sink (water pressure builds until the clog fails and releases). If the piping holds I believe I should see the water begin to emerge after some time revealing the leak(s). Anyone tried this?

No, I don't think you will blow anything apart. Schedule 40 PVC in the sizes used for the suction lines is rated at well north of 200 PSI depending on the exact pipe size (each has it's own rating).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.