Shawnee/KS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
Just started my second SLAM of the season. After the first SLAM the water was clear for about a 1.5 months but I didn't stay on top of it and I still have not figured out what the best run time and % to run the SWG. Before this SLAM my numbers were:

FC: 1
CC: 0
CH: 100
TA: 60
CYA: 45
Cl: 1
pH: 7.8
Salt: 3500

I added 5.6 96oz of 8.3% bleach per pool math to get the FC up to 18 and added about 6oz of Muriatic acid to get the pH to 7.4 about 30 min before the bleach, not sure the concentration. It was the green eco friendly jug from Lowes.

After adding the bleach, I brushed the pool then retested about 3 hours after adding the bleach. Not sure how the FC jumped so much.

FC: 27.5
CC: 0.5
Cl: >5 looked orange
pH: >8.2

I'm leaving the pump to run overnight with the SWG set at 0% and will try to retest in the morning to see how much FC I lose.

I plan to try to keep the FC at 18 until I pass the overnight FC loss test. Not sure why the FC jumped up so much and what to do if it stays that way overnight. Then I will bump the CYA up to 70.

Does this sound right?

with a CYA of 45 your SWG is working to hard to keep your FC level, good job taking CYA to 70..

finish SLAM and set your SWG at 50% and run you pump 8 hours and when it is done check fc, then check again right before your pump and SWG turn back on... If 1 of those times you measure fc below what your recommended level is, add more time to pump or raise SWG level, if more fc then less run time or SWG..

:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.