May 30, 2008
Fort Gratiot MI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey everyone,

I forgot to take out my leaf net off my pool before the weather froze it in place. It said in the instructions to take it off before it froze outside. I wasnt paying attention to the weather much and before I knew it it is stuck in about 1" of ice with not many leaves on top of it.

What will the winter do to the leaf cover?

I also have the mesh cover that sits ontop of the water no pillow, etc. needed. The leaf net is ontop of that.

Thanks
Brian

A typical leaf net is ruined after spending one or two winters in ice. There are some leaf nets that are designed to be frozen in ice, but if you had one of those it wouldn't tell you to remove it before freezing. Even if the leaf net is ruined, it won't damage anything else.

Hey everyone,

Well its getting warmer here and what I did over the winter was after seeing the posts,(thanks guys for the sugggestions), I thought well Im just going to uncable the leafnet and let it sit over the winter on top of the mesh cover lose, then in the spring when it thaws take it off immediately so the leaves dont get onto the top of the mesh cover. I uncabled it because I figured any snow that gets on top of it may stretch it out and ruin it.

So I took it off the other day and no damage to it what so ever. It wasnt stretched out or didnt feel brittle either, and all the leaves on the top of it stayed there and came right out of the pool no problems.

Now I just have to wait till mid May to fully open it. No sense in paying the gas man to heat a pool when no one here can stand to be in it unless it is 75 degrees out.

Thanks
Brian

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.