MP3 Anyone? HELP!

I feel I can chime in here. :p I have personally owned both a Sandisk(old model) and a Samsung Yp-P2. The Sandisk is a great little player and the new Sansas are even better. I was actually going to buy one until I started looking and found the Yp-P2. I love love love the touch screen, the games, fm radio, voice recorder, and Bluetooth capabilities that allow me to pair it with me cell, transer files, and make and answer calls through the P2. You can also pair the P2 with any stereo Bluetooth headset.

I don't like iPods, not that they aren't good PMP's(personal music players) it's just that EVERYBODY has them and I like to be different. I also personally hate iTunes. Unless you buy the music from the iTunes store, or rip it from CD's, it's a pain to get music from, say the folder you save dowloaded music to, into iTunes(speaking from my friends experiences, I helped him figure it out).

I think the software that came with my Samsung (http://www.emodio.com)(<--that might work with other brands too) is much more user-friendly as far as getting music into it. Though, personally, I'm a Drag N' Drop kind of guy(which iPod's don't support). I like to open my music folder, open my PMP's folder and drag the files.

All that being said, I personally wouldn't want a Shuffle, or any PMP without a screen for that matter. Even if you don't do video, it gets extremely annoying if you have to listen to the first 5 sec. of every song to find a particular one, especially if your like me with almost 800 songs. That's when a screen and a good interface come in. Go on Youtube and search for Sansa Review or Yp-P2 review, or any other mp3 player review and you can get a good idea of what to expect.

OTOH, you could always go a different route and buy a cell phone that plays music like a Samsung Sync, or Sony Erricson W580i

Ok, that got long, but I hope it Helped.
Adam

I have been using the IPOD NANO for the past several years and as far as I am concerned, you can't beat it. However, for a child, I recommend the IPOD shuffle. My 7 year old grandaughter just got one for her 7th birthday and abosolutely loves it. It cost less than $50 dollars and her mom loaded my grandaughers favorite CDs onto it. Cheap listening if you ask me. Its so small! Its awsome. The only drawback are the earbuds. They are too large for my grandaughter's ears. Of course, you can get the earbuds, which fit much better and come in different sizes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.