Recalibrate salt water meter

Little Aussie Battler

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 10, 2007
Sydney Australia
Hi
I purchased a salt water meter and it had no instructions. Because I could not get it to work I fiddled with a screw thinking it would give me access to the battery. :hammer: Now I realise I have adjusted the calibration. How can I test a known ppt quantity to recalibrate the meter? I have thought about test strips and getting a reading from the pool shop but is there another more accurate test I can do?

From the little I have been able to find out about this meter is it not a salinity meter but a TDS meter. The main difference is the calibration curve used and some meters are adjustable to be used as either TDS or salinity.

my 2 cents
i would keep away from the chinese product simply because it is not a brand name and could be Crud, what about the watermaid hydrometer, or even test strips they are supposed to be pretty good. Maybe you could take a sample to a few pool shops first and compare their results.

happy swims Frank

http://www.directpoolsupplies.com.au/category13_1.htm

OR you could do this 3grams of salt to 1ltr of water which should give .3% = 3ppm
using distilled water {maybe from car battery shop] also you could buy some saline solution and callibrate with that

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.