Remodel - Pool Company Recommendations in Atlanta

Live4Color

Sep 3, 2014
Milton/ga
Since I've moved into my house a year ago we have had to replace the pump, a light, salt water generator, controller, and have had 3 leaks. The tiled wall buckled and we had to have that repaired as well. The subcontractor that fixed the tile (it has come loose again) said the prime didn't pay him. The prime contractor was recommended by the pool company I was using at the time and has gone out of business. Luckily I have been able to take over the maintenance of the pool and saved money as a result, but the equipment replacement and leaks are killing me in unplanned costs. Does anyone know a pool company in Atlanta that they would recommend for equipment replacement? I believe the polaris pump is the next on the list to go. The company I use now charges $145 an hour for labor and usually an extra 34% profit on the equipment charge. It cost me $550 to have a pool light replaced. Any help is much appreciated. My newest issue is another pool leak that isn't easy to detect and may be either in the skimmer or the bottom of the pool. Also, I'm thinking I should have the pool acid washed and repainted since scaling has occured and I can't seem to control it even though the pool water levels are constantly within the saturation index range. If you have a referral for this type of work I would love the recommendation as well.

I had a wonderful conversation yesterday with Precision Pool Renovations. They are located in Norcross, but do work all over Georgia. They have come highly recommended to me by several companies and individuals. I was very impressed with their knowledge and the time they took with me. Waiting on estimates now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received an estimate from All In One Pool Construction in Lawrenceville. They were recommended by a friend. They guarentee repairs for 3 years and recommended a product called StoneScapes after replastering the pool surface. They also recommended sealing the concrete if necessary. They will seal the plaster to prevent scaling. He spent a lot of time with me explaining the process and I feel comfortable they will do a good job, but I am going to get two more estimates.

We will need one of our walls to be properly repaired with hydraulic cement
and pool plaster mix or hydraulic cement (without aggregate). EZ Patch 1 which is a plaster mix to build up the bed before tiling with grout.
This is not an easy process because each layer has to dry before they can add another. I need to inspect this closely when it's under construction .

So I hired the remodel Pool Company and with the refurbishment I had two skimmers replaced. The contractor poured the concrete around paper bags which hugged the skimmers. Will this cause leaks in the future? The concrete subcontractor said they will remove the bags, but initially they are put there on purpose to hold the cement in place while it hardens and will be removed before they add the hydraulic cement that keeps it from leaking. I did a little research and typically they use a mold to hold he concrete in place or a burlap bag (not a paper bag). Should I be concerned?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.