Excel spreadsheet problem

Feb 10, 2008
Gilbert AZ
I made a spreadsheet that I need to copy and paste to another spreadsheet. The problem is when I copy and paste the spreadsheet to where I want it, the cell information is correct but the cell formulas don't carry over to the new sheet.
How can I correct this?
Thanks

To make a cell reference absolute (in other words, it does not change relative to another cell - it references cell A1, etc) either
1) hit F4 after selecting a cell
2) highlight an existing cell reference and press F4.

You can tell when a cell reference is absolute when it has a "$" before each column letter and row number ($A$1)

Hopefully that helps.

Instead of cutting and pasting the sheet (or chopping and glueing as a friend used to say), pull up the spreadsheet you want to copy, and then click on "Edit" and then "Move or copy sheet". You'll bring up a dialog box that will allow you to either move the existing sheet to another workbook, or make a copy of the existing sheet and keep it in the existing workbook or move it to another workbook. If you keep it in the existing book, you might want to rename the copied sheet, as it will keep the name as the existing sheet, plus a "(2)" i.e. "tfp" and "tfp(2)". The new sheet should have kept the existing formulae from the existing sheet.

Mike

I realize you already got it but when you right click after doing a "Copy" and instead of doing a "Paste" do a "Paste Special" this gives you all kinds of options on how you want to use the pasted data. Thought this tip may help others.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.