Bubble in Pool liner - Let me know if I have the right plan...

caliskier

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
All,

I think I know how to take care of this problem, I just want to get your opinion and any roadblocks. Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, was not sure on that...

So pool has a large hump or bubble in the deep end right next to the drain. A few weeks ago it was much smaller, but I saw bubbles of air comming up at that time, thus there is a hole. I have the bulldog, or whatever it is, patch kit stuff to fix the hole...I know to apply it to the patch, fold it, dive down and open and quickly place. Was relitivly easy when I had the hole in the shallow end, but this is the deep end. The question is, do i need to get all the air out first or can i just patch the hole and hope?

I can probably get the air out with the pool broom, so that will not be that bad actually... Please let me know.

Also, could heavy concentrations of liquid chlorine (shocking) have caused the hole? It was not there last year and started seeing it right after SLAMing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.