Success on my own for once! Any red flags to cause future problems?

Newpoolcrazy

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2015
La Porte, TX
So I was losing 5-6ppm FC everyday at a CYA of 30, (good ole TX sun) so I bumped up to 50 and shot for 10ppm FC at night just in case I still lost 6. This morning at (7am) , before the sun hit, the FC held at 10ppm and my occasional pesky .5 CC or less is completely gone. Yay!

At last test (11:30 am) 4.5 hours later with sun,

FC = 7.5
CC = 0
Ph = 7.7
TA = 90
Cya = 50 (but not tested today. No CYA added and no water replacement since check 2 days ago)

I think FC will hold to above 4 by the time it's ready for more bleach tonight. Haven't tested CH in awhile, but it was ok a couple weeks ago and my pool is vinyl.

Pool is clear. I don't know if I should try to lower my TA yet, or just leave it for now.

Am I doing okay? Do you see something I could be missing that might get me in trouble later? I think I'm understanding more, but I'm still a little skittish.

Thanks in advance.

I would leave the TA alone if your pH rise is not excessive.
Your FC loss should not be as high now that you raised the CYA level some.

Sounds like you are on top of things :goodjob:

Okay, you've got TFP figured out.
attachment.php

Time to start answering questions.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's exactly it! Going to check out some "just getting started" threads and see if I can help.

It's because it clicked. You studied the results, you decided on a course of action, you did what you needed to do.... and you were correct. And now you're marvelling that it's so easy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.