Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water Testing - Detailed Instructions

1. Back To Top    #1

Water Testing - Detailed Instructions

As a new person here who has made a few mistakes during my water testing, I think it would be great if Dave or waterbear wrote up a more detailed set of instructions for using the Taylor 2006 or TF 100 Test Kits. The instructions that came on the TF 100 are great but there is only so much space there for Dave to put everything. I think if someone could post something more detailed on each of the test, possibly with pictures, it would be helpful to many especially the new people.

I personally was testing my CH wrong at first as I was not waiting for a true blue color. Originally I was using the purplish blue as my endpoint. I also know that the pictures and instructions from the Taylor site on the CYA test really clarify things for people. waterbear gave me the great tip of adding the drops until the color does not change any further. The last drop that changed will be your reading.

Anyway, just a thought.
    16,500 Gallon Plaster, Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 1 1/2 HP Up-Rated Pump, Pentair Clean n Clear 150 Cartridge Filter, BioGuard Mineral Springs MS-10 SWG, Hayward Navigator Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water Testing - Detailed Instructions

Actually, these tips have been posted several times on the forum. Perhaps using the search function to find them would help.

3. Back To Top    #3

A short version of the instructions for the Taylor K-2006 are also online at Taylor here with potential interferences described here. There are also photos of the various tests [EDIT] as you mentioned [END-EDIT] as listed below (all but one come from links on this page):

Cyanuric Acid (CYA): here and here
    Calcium Hardness (CH): here
    FAS-DPD: here

Richard
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, I am aware that there are posts all over the message board, but my thought was to possibly include them all into one source for the Pool School.

Just a suggestion.

waterbear.... c'mon, I am not so much of a noob that you have to pull the old "Use the Search Function" on me... LOL :P
    16,500 Gallon Plaster, Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 1 1/2 HP Up-Rated Pump, Pentair Clean n Clear 150 Cartridge Filter, BioGuard Mineral Springs MS-10 SWG, Hayward Navigator Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer