Help with pot scupper sizing

QingGuy

Silver Supporter
Mar 22, 2015
Las Vegas NV
We initially thought we would go with 27" scuppers, however, after the decking was poured it appears that we may need to go with 30" or 33" inch, which we'd really prefer not to. So the plumbing is 15" and 16" from pool edge. Pots are 27" or 13.5" center to edge. The pot has a 2.5" lip so that puts us right at the edge of the pool on one and 1" overhang on the other. Will this give me enough clearance? In the pictures I've seen the water seems to flow out a couple of inches from the spout so I'm thinking I might be OK.

Anyone have first hand experience here?

Here's where they're going in red

Looks like these are positioned right at the edge

I had a stub-out installed when we did our pool (My pool link below). Instead of the pots you have, I used a vase just for the aesthetics I wanted. Yours will look good too I'm sure. But in my case, being an enclosed vase, I could open my valve partially or all the way and water would till flow-out as designed. I don't have experience on how (or what pressure) the water flow up and out of your spill pots (scuppers) will impact your design. I'm at work right now, but if I had to guess, the lip of my vase extends about 3-4 inches over the edge of the pool. The pics you attached give the appearance that the scuppers are almost flush wit the edge of the pool.

If they are going to be on pedestals the plumbing can be adjusted closer to the edge of pool if desired.
How high will they spill point be?
If they are to be mounted right on the deck level, you barely need to clear your bullnose. When they are running the flow will take the water further into pool.
When turned off, the last drops just need to make it as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.