Olaundajohnson

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 4, 2014
Cloverdale, ca.
Just purchased a Bestway 15' x 48" Steel Pro Frame Above Ground Swimming Pool and was wondering if i could use coves for the bottom, outside edge of pool? Also plan on using the extruded poly for bottom so would i still need a gorrilla pad? I NEED to do this right since i live in ca. and we are in a drought! My pool needs to last more than one year...
My old, 14x42 ultra frame, only made it through one year, do to me not properly researching groud cover. Help please. My new pool will be here by friday and i cant afford to waste water since i am purchasing that as well.

I think you need a cove of some sort. I got foam coves for mine. Some people use the sand as a cove. The cove provides a soft curve for the bottom so that the water does not push the liner under the wall of the pool.

I think with the extruded poly on the bottom you should be okay not having the gorilla pad. Just make sure to use GOOD tape for the joints so the liner and water cannot force them apart and cause problems.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.