Re: Yellow stains in vinyl pool

Jun 8, 2015
Torrington, CT

My situation is similar to Steve32k. I have yellow stains all over the liner. My 16x75 38,000 gallon pool is surrounded by trees, oak, pine, and probably some ash and maple. I thought it was yellow algae and I used Yellow Out and shock per the instructions but the stains are still there. I don't have a place to go to test the water and am just using test strips. I added chemicals today and will test again tomorrow. I'm wondering if I should increase the chlorine level?

Organic stains left behind by rotting leaves will slowly fade over weeks just by keeping normal chlorine levels in the water. There's nothing to speed it up that won't damage the liner. If you might have metal stains from something that fell in, test it. Get some Vitamin C tablets and set them on the stain. Check it in ten minutes. If you have a white spot wher e the tablet was, it's metals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.