possible addition to poolschool

Maybe at the top of every page for that matter, In the last 24 hours I have asked 3 or 4 new users which state their city is in. The sad thing is a couple of them told what state they were in as part of their question.

I'm going to do my best to try and cover these suggestions, as many of them have already been addressed. First off is Richard320's request for a tutorial on providing a city/state in their profile. This step is a REQUIRED step that ALL members whom join TFP must provide. The software automatically asks them for this information and the user must provide some answer. There is no way for TFP to require them to provide an accurate result, but in that case it's the OP who's at a loss. Them fudging this field will only delay the help they receive.

Next off is the request from poolDV concerning the "Read this before you post." We did have this as the very first link in Pool School up until last year. At this point we have removed it as many many members simply were not reading it. My goal (one I hope to have done very shortly) is to rewrite this slightly and send it out to ALL new members via a PM. For every new member who joins TFP the system sends the member a PM from my account that provides a welcome and some basic information concerning the forum. Much of what's said in "Read this before you post" is already in the welcome PM, but I do want to verify that it's all covered.

Thanks for the suggestions! Little things like these are what drives TFP and will only improve the site in the future. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.