Ecopump first electric bill

Texmax

Jun 1, 2015
Temple,Tx
I've tried to find info on forum about Ecopump pool pumps and it seems the general opinion is that it's not all that impressive and it's basically a high priced multi speed pump. The Ecopump is made in Goergetown,Tx about 45 min south of my locale plus the fact it's got the 3 year warranty is what sold me. I just got my first electric bill and running the pump 24/7 and 1-2 hrs a day on high with the booster pump my bill was $10 higher than the previous month. I pay .08 cent per KW. I gotta say I am really pleased with the pump. Does anyone else have #'s for the pumps your running,just to compare? Thanks.

That is pretty good! My VS pump tells me how many watts it is using. For skimming and making chlorine it runs at 1100 rpm and draws 150 watts. For the solar panels it runs at 1950 rpm and draws 550 watts. We pay 10 or 11 cents.

I have a single speed 1hp pump. a 1hp pump draws 748 watts for comparison, I see pooldv's VS pump is running at 150 watts. you can easily calculate your cost. my pump runs 5 hours a day and I pay $0.12/kwh. that works out to $0.45 a day. if you are running the VS at 150 watts, but running it for 10 hours a day, that is $0.18 a day, so you can see the cost savings. depends on how many hours your run your pump at what wattage.

I looked it up. More than I want to spend. I can get an AO Smith/Century 1.5 hp 2 speed for right at $300. There is an advantage manufacturing motor on Amazon for $219. Not sure of the brand quality on that one. At 8 hrs run time it would save me $37/month to switch. Either way it would take til sometime next summer before I break even. Wouldn't be bad to drop a couple hundred and have a chunk drop off my electric bill though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pretty much hate you all. Well, I'm envious of you all. :) My pump costs about $.21/hr to run. I need to look at 2 speed pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I think you'd be happier at the end of the day saving money. As far as I can tell Ecopump is worth the cost.
Now on another subject:Why would anyone install a Gunite pool over fiberglass, except limited size and shape of fiberglass?
Are there any gunite Vs fiberglass comparo's?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.