First above ground pool. Make sure I have everything correct.

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Just got the Intex 18'X48" Ultra Frame Swimming Pool and already have plans to add a through the wall skimmer, fountain and new pump with a saltwater chlorine generator. I have been doing a lot of reading and think I have most of this figure out but would like to make sure.
For the pump I will be going with this Amazon.com: Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump Garden
Will I be okay with the 1500 GPH or do yall recommend the 2150 GPH model? I am thinking the 1500 GPH should be okay.
I assume this pump comes with 1.5" hoses and new wall fittings. If not and it comes with 1.25" then I will need 4 1-1/4 inch Cantex conduit box adaptors so that I can run 1.5" hard pipe. Or should I get larger wall fittings?
For the skimmer I plan to go with the Hayward SP1091LX
through the wall skimmer http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002DPY196/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER. Is this meant for 1.5" or 1.25" pipe?
Now for the plumbing and the fountain. I want to run the the old suction port and skimmer like this
0CD99202-6DC6-4806-9460-F55109C38E4D_zps1skrd0ia.jpg

And the fountain like this but only with a second ball valve between the fountain and return fitting.
attachment.php

Thank you for the help.

Well, I'm not that versed on the Intex, but just wanted to say Hi!

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Looking at your username, I assume you know my hometown growing up - Jacksonville....

The 1500 GPH pump will suffice, but if the difference in price is marginal, get the larger pump. If you ever decide to add a robotic cleaner, you'll be glad you did.

Also, I would not recommend the pump/SWG combo units, as one or the other will invariably quit first. I suggest a standalone SWG.

Welcome to TFP.
I have the Intex Krystal Clear sand filter pump and love it. The one you linked is the 2150gph model. I would go with a larger model. I have the 2800gph model. Your pool is larger than mine. I would either go with the one I have or even the 3000 gph model. All are available on Amazon.

Hoses that come with it are 1.5". I added larger outlet and return holes. Yours may already have the 1.5" since it is a 18' round.

- - - Updated - - -

It does not come with new 1.5" fittings. Just the hoses.

Welcome to TFP.
I have the Intex Krystal Clear sand filter pump and love it. The one you linked is the 2150gph model. I would go with a larger model. I have the 2800gph model. Your pool is larger than mine. I would either go with the one I have or even the 3000 gph model. All are available on Amazon.

Hoses that come with it are 1.5". I added larger outlet and return holes. Yours may already have the 1.5" since it is a 18' round.

- - - Updated - - -

It does not come with new 1.5" fittings. Just the hoses.
That makes things a lot easier. Thank you.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I'm not that versed on the Intex, but just wanted to say Hi!

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Looking at your username, I assume you know my hometown growing up - Jacksonville....
Thanks, sorry I missed this in the beginning.
I am familiar with Jacksonville but never did have to be stationed there or have to train there. I spent most of my time on Oahu.

Great Idea on adding the 2nd valve!
:cheers:

Here's a white PVC version of what you linked up against the intex hose:

IMG_0693.JPG

You can see that the sizes are pretty far off. There is no direct PVC to Intex hose fitting that I know of. You have to use an adapter similar to the one I linked, or build a custom one (do a forum search for "intex adapter")

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.