Pump Install

eric99gt

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
Houston, TX
Was hoping to get some feedback on a new pump install. My service company installed it today, the height profile is a bit lower than the old pool pump. Instead of cutting some of the pvc piping to fit they just raised the new pump with some wooden boards. I guess I'm a bit concerned that these will just rot away and i'll be left with a sagging pump. Is this something I should ask them to come back out and correct or am I being too picky here? IMG_0447.jpg
Thanks

I would suggest getting a rubber antivibration pad and sliding it under the pump in place of those boards.

p.s. if you have a Tractor Supply nearby you can get a half size horse stall mat that you can cut down and fit under the pump for about $25, I have one that I put under my standby generator to reduce vibration noise

Ya I think I'm going to ask them to lower the piping. It's 4 pipes that need to be cut and lowered but for the price I paid to get this thing installed a few pieces of wood won't cut it. Hopefully they're cool with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.