New Pump Needed?

I need some advice. I bought an Intex 16x52" last summer. It worked fine. This year I fill it up and go to plug in the pump- it makes a small noise like it wants to come on and then nothing ! I decided to call the Toll Free number, spoke to a nice man who told me that the Black Box Electrical Plug could have water in it and to bring it in the house to dry out for a couple of days and that would most likely correct the issue. He told me to hold in the Test button, then the reset button and try it,,,,nothing. I am not sure if the pump is done for, and if I need a new one. He sounded pretty confident that I would not need to replace it, due to an internal shut off that would keep it from burning up.
Also if I do decide to replace it, I am not sure if maybe I should just get a bigger pump,,,any ideas anyone?

Sorry you have not gotten any quicker responses.

If the GFI on the plug getting thrown off? If not, then I would guess the pump is dead.
Many members have enjoyed upgrading to the larger pumps with sand filters.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.