What would be the first indication that you didn't SLAM properly?

440dodge440

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
South Central PA
This is my first year with a pool and first year with the TFPC method. I think I finished my SLAM successfully in early May- passed the three requirements, and everything still looks good. I add 1-2 quarts of bleach daily to maintain my FC level and <1 CC level. I continue to read about people who are currently SLAMming or completed but still have some issues, which got me thinking- what would be the first indication that the SLAM wasn't completed properly (assuming you incorrectly thought you passed the three SLAM requirements)? Would it be a high CC, adding too much bleach, an algae bloom, cloudy water, any of the above, or something else? This is more for my 'future reference' knowledge....

You'd discover much less FC when you tested than you're used to seeing, without some good reason like a pool party the day before. If you're not there yet, you will soon be to the point where you can predict your test results with amazing accuracy before you even open the lid of the test kit. You water will also lose some of its sparkle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.